To register to vote, an individual must possess all of the following qualifications:
- United States citizenship
- Age of 18 years or more on or before the regular General Election next following his registration
- State residency for a period of 29 days prior to election
- Residency in the city or town for 29 days prior to the election
- Ability to write one’s own name or make his mark unless prevented by physical disability.
To register, an applicant must have proof of citizenship. This requirement applies if it is their first time registering to vote in Arizona or if the applicant has moved to another county in Arizona. If the applicant has an Arizona driver license or non-operating identification issued after October 1, 1996, the number is inserted on the front of the Arizona Voter Registration form. This will serve as proof of citizenship and no additional documents are needed. If not, the applicant must attach proof of citizenship to the form. Only 1 acceptable form of proof is needed to register to vote. The following is a list of acceptable documents to establish citizenship:
- A legible photocopy of a birth certificate that verifies citizenship and supporting legal documentation (i.e. marriage certificate) if the name on the birth certificate is not the same as the applicant’s current legal name
- A legible photocopy of pertinent pages of a United States passport identifying the applicant
- Presentation to the County Recorder of United States naturalization documents or fill in your Alien Registration Number in box 11
- Your Indian Census Number, Bureau of Indian Affairs Card Number, Tribal Treaty Card Number, or Tribal Enrollment Number in box 10
- A legible photocopy of a driver license or non-operating identification from another state within the United States if the license indicates that the applicant has provided satisfactory proof of citizenship
- A legible photocopy of a Tribal Certificate of Indian Blood or Tribal or Bureau of Indian Affairs Affidavit of Birth
If the person is already registered in Arizona and is only moving within the same county, changing their name or political party affiliation, they do not need to provide proof of citizenship.
To register to vote or request and early ballot please contact the Yavapai County Registrar of Voters Office at (928)771-3248.