- Customer Accounts
- Service Setup & Rates
Service Setup & Rates
If you are applying for service either as a tenant or property owner, you will need the following information for your application:
- Name(s) of applicant
- Name of business if commercial application
- Service address
- Mailing address if different than service address
- Contact phone numbers
In addition to the above items, if you are a tenant applying for service, payment of applicable deposits and setup fees must accompany the application for service. Contact the Customer Accounts Division at 928-759-3020 for current amounts. Payment can be made by cash, check, money order or debit/credit cards. We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express.
In addition to the above items, if you are a property owner and can supply a utility letter of credit (electric, natural gas, water supplier) at the time of your application, we can waive the deposit fees and charge only the account setup fees. The letter of credit from your previous utility supplier should indicate that you have had 12 months of consecutive good payment history with that supplier. Otherwise, the deposit fees plus setup fees would need to be paid at time of application.
Whether you have a tenant or owner account with Prescott Valley, the water/sewer deposits are credited back to your account after 12 consecutive months of on-time payments.
Sewer (Wasterwater) Service
Jacobs provides sewer service for the entire town. The Town handles requests for sewer service, customer inquiries and provides computer processing of payments through their Customer Accounts division.
How Rates Are Calculated
The residential sewer rate is a monthly rate that consists of 2 costs:
- A base rate (fixed charge) based on the customer's meter size (most residences have a 5/8 inch meter).
- A volume charge based on 90% of average water use during the previous months of November through March, when outdoor irrigation is at a minimum. This charge will be recalculated annually (the volume charge is $4.54 per 1,000 gallons for a 5/8 inch meter). If actual usage is ever below the average during a billing period, then the lower actual usage is billed.
Example: Prescott Valley Water System Customer
- Base Rate: $5.07
- Volume Charge ($4.54 per 1,000 gallons based on 5,400 gallons actual usage): $24.52
- Total: $29.59