YavaLine Regional Transit System
The YavaLine Regional Transit System (“YAV” for short) is the Central Yavapai’s first-ever transit service started by the Town of Prescott Valley Public Works Department. The YAV plans, develops, and operates the regional transit system for commuters, seniors, and people with disabilities. Currently, per the Phased Transit Plan, the YAV provides microtransit services to people within the transit zone of Prescott Valley. The Town is providing its public transit service via the Federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES) transit grant for its 3-year initial service demonstration. We connect the community and enhance its quality of life.
The YAV Connect is the name of our microtransit service operating within the core of Prescott Valley. Think of it like a minibus that comes when you want, where you want. Input your pickup and drop-off addresses in our mobile app, and we’ll provide a few ride options within the Prescott Valley Transit Zone. Choose the option that works best for you, and we’ll send a driver your way. If you would like to contact us to request a trip instead, call 1-866-YAV-TRAN (1-866-928-8726). Generally, microtransit offers shorter wait times in the service area than the traditional fixed route bus service.
Click the drop down menus below for more information.
How to Book a Ride
2. Book a ride
In order for the YAV to provide you with transportation that fits your needs, fill out the required in-app prompts:
- Enter your drop-off address, as the pickup address is pre-populated according to your current GPS location
- Request the “depart at/arrive by” time that is best for you
- Select your Trip Purpose and Mobility needs (i.e., Bicycle, Service Animal, Wheelchair, etc.)
- Provide payment (in-vehicle payment is an option)
3. Meet your driver
Check your text messages to refer to your trip details and be ready to meet the driver outside prior to your pickup time.
If you are a resident of Prescott Valley and need trips at no-cost, the Town has partnered with Northern Arizona Council of Governments (NACOG) to provide rides for our citizens. Please visit the links below for more information.
Yavapai Apache Nation Transit
Monday - Friday 6AM-8PM
Fares per trip (subject to change)
- Full Fare (Ages 18-59): $2.00
- Reduced Fare (Ages 6-17, 60+): $1.00
- Children 5 and under ride free
Payment via the YAV Connect app or in-vehicle cash payment (exact fare amount; no change shall be given by the driver).
- 4-Year Phased Transit Plan - Information
- Coordinated Public Transit - Human Services Transportation Plan
- CYMPO Phased Transit Implementation Plan
- NACOG Yavapai Passenger Transportation Study Final Plan
- Prescott Valley Transit District - Final Report 3-24-16
- Road and Transit Studies
- Transit Implementation Plan - Final Report 2019
- Transportation Planning
- YavaLine Regional Transit Service (Prescott Valley Transit Zone)
- Yavapai County Regional Mobility Management Implementation Plan