Finalized in Summer 2021, through team building, idea sessions and more, Town Council and staff developed the Strategic Plan to guide Prescott Valley into the future. This includes understanding how Town staff incorporates the Strategic Plan into their work and Town documents, such as the General Plan.
High-performing team means how we conduct our business and ourselves through our culture, diversity, communication, delivery, outreach, processes, and values. What we do, how we do it, and who we do it for.
- Achieve an employee engagement score that improves by at least 10% for the next 3 years.
- Within 5 years, rank within the upper quartile of the most desirable places to live in Arizona.
- Annually maintain or exceed current bond ratings including reviewing all fiscal reserve policies ensuring best practices and opportunities for advanced benchmarking.
- Achieve 75% of citizen satisfaction - ranking satisfied or highly satisfied with overall Town services.
- Expand internship programs within the Town organization by 1,500 hours within 5 years.
Water stewardship means responsible planning for and management of sustainable water resources.
- Increase recharge capacity by 800 acre-feet over the next 5 years
- Increase natural recharge through watershed restoration and stormwater management by 25% over the next decade
- Import 100% of needed additional water resources within 10 years
Quality of Life
Quality of life means enhancing public safety, infrastructure, connectivity, and recreational space and programs the Town maintains for residents.
- Install and maintain 100% of possible crosswalk connectivity for safe street crossings annually
- Obtain and enhance at least 20% of additional acres of active and passive open space within 5 years
- Improve 20% of the Town's connectivity infrastructure to include sidewalks, walking & biking paths, and trails within 5 years
Prosperous community means creating an environment where our residents can thrive for a lifetime via job opportunities, a variety of housing options, and a safe and healthy lifestyle with a diversified and growing economy.
- Increase tourism related activities by 25% in 5 years
- Increase by 5% the number of households earning at or above the median household income within 5 years
- Reduce 10% of property crimes within 3 years
- Reduce police emergency response time by 10 seconds within 3 years
Each of the Strategic Plan elements includes a timeline, and Town employees are participating in teams to innovate and complete each one.